Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kentucky Equality Federation President Jordan Palmer issued a statement this morning about about anti-LGBT amendments in Arkansas, Arizona, California, and Florida

As an officer, director, volunteer, and community member (of Kentucky Equality Federation and Marriage Equality USA), I wanted to thank everyone for their hard work and relentless dedication regardless of the outcome in Arkansas, Arizona, California, and Florida.

For the past couple of days, a quote from Ronald Regan continues to run through my mind: "Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." Though I am no fan of Regan because of the way he handled the AIDS crisis, the quote is true nonetheless. Since the Stonewall Riots, we continue to openly fight against the unnecessary burdens and inequality placed on our community by our governments.

Remember, regardless of what happens in each individual state, we have been successful because we stood united as a community and raised our hands in protest.

We will continue to have dedication and perseverance until equality for all is established. - Jordan Palmer